Taylor Swift is nominated for five awards at the 48th annual event and will also team up with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban for a performance of the track Highway Don’t Care.
Taylor Swift sported a gown befitting Country royalty on Sunday, stealing the show at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas in a stunning metallic dress. The 23-year-old star wore her blonde hair straight and up in a chic ponytail, teaming the unusual chain-mail style old-gold gown with just a pair of subtle jewelled earrings.
Taylor was up for four gongs on the night, but despite her massive huge fan based and the massive success of her last album, Red, the I Knew You Were Trouble songstress failed to win over the ACM judges. The Female Vocalist of the Year crown was snatched by Miranda Lambert, but the biggest shock of the night was when the Entertainer of the Year award was handed to Luke Bryan over Swift, Lambert and other favourite Blake Shelton. The other two categories she was nominated in, Album of the Year and Video of the Year, were won by Eric Church and Little Big Town respectively.
Full List of Winners at the 2013 ACM Awards:
- Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Jason Aldean
- Single Record of the Year: ‘Over You,’ Miranda Lambert
- Song of the Year: ‘Over You,’ Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town
- New Artist of the Year: Florida Georgia Line
- Album of the Year: Chief, Eric Church
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Thompson Square
- Video of the Year: ‘Tornado,’ Little Big Town
- Vocal Event of the Year: ‘The Only Way I Know,’ Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Eric Church
- Songwriter of the Year: Dallas Davidson
Miranda Lambert was the big winner on the night, scooping up three awards altogether, although she shared her Song of the Year award (for ‘Over You’) with her husband Blake Shelton, who co-wrote the song. Eric Church, LBT, Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line were in joint second on the night, with two awards each.